Monday, June 25, 2012

Music


I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music - Billy Joel

 

 




One of my first real loves growing up was my piano.  I have always been amazed by people who could just sit down at an instrument and play something beautiful, just pulling it out of nowhere.  When I was 7, I started to learn what it was to make music.  Although many times I was frustrated and wanted to give up - my desire to be one of those people who could bring joy to others and to myself through music was stronger.





Music is one of those few elements that can be found in nearly every culture around the world.  In many third world countries, music is what unites a village.  It can bring a community a sense of togetherness and is often used to keep tradition and celebration.  Music provides individuality and diversity amongst cultures.  While music may look different in various places around the world, it is a facet of life that is shared amongst individuals everywhere.


One of the things I personally love about music is that it is a medium of expression.  Lately I have been experimenting with sitting down to my piano and trying to just play what I am feeling.  Some days it is joy and gratefulness for all the things I have in life - other days heartache flows through the keys.  It has been really interesting to see what I can come up with by just shutting my eyes and letting my heart and fingers lead the music.


For generations music has evolved as people find new ways of expressing themselves.  The styles of music, use of words and the various instruments and technologies used to create music have changed throughout the years.  But consistently - people have conveyed their feelings and beliefs through song.

People use music to pump them up for special events, or to help calm down after a stressful day.  It is used to enhance the audience's senses during movies and to hype them up during sports events.  Music is so versatile and you can find it just about anywhere in some capacity.





I aim to continue to expand my knowledge of music and find new ways to express my heart and soul through song.


“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary" - Martin Luther

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...