If there was a better way to say it, I would. But the only thing I know to do is cut to the chase. I've made the decisions to step away from My Mind's Lens for awhile. It won't probably be forever, but for now the distance is indefinite.
I have loved getting to know many bloggers, both near and far. You have all taught me things and brought joy to my day. I will try to continue to follow some of the blogs I read regularly - but blogging is not going to be a priority for awhile. I need to redirect my time and energy towards other areas of my life, areas that aren't so strong right now.
Thank you all for being supportive of my photography and my journey. I appreciate it more than you know.
Maybe I will be back someday - and I hope you will rejoin me then.
Goodbye for Now.
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Hello all you My Mind's Lens followers!
I am Rychelle from Foltz Family Life where most of the time you can find posts on being a new momma, diy projects, recipes, life in general or anything about my sweet Paisley Grace.
This year has been a big year for our little family! We welcomed Paisley Grace Foltz into our world January 15, 2013 and we also purchased our first home on September 27, 2013. You could say that we have been busy and this year has been quite good to say the least!
I would be lying if I didnt say that this past year has come with an awful lot of challenges. I want to give y'all a list of reasons why through the thick and thin of this year I am still thankful for everything we have had to go through, not just because its November, but as I look back on everything this far, I really am extremely blessed.
1. I am thankful for an amazing husband! My hubbys works 6 days a week and to say that he never misses a beat is an understatement. He gives over and above anyone I know and always puts himself last on the list. I am one lucky gal :)
2. Paisley Grace. Its been what feels like a few short months with this little peanut, but she has brought so much joy and so much happiness to our lives. Its ridiculous! I dont know how we ever did life without her. I mean, I was able to sleep every night, but she is so fun and has quite the personality!
3. Our new home. There was many, many tears, blood and sweat put into our home. Buying a "fixer upper" and having a new baby is not the most ideal situation. I dont recommend doing what we did, but I am so blessed to be able to call something "mine."
4. Family. This is huge for me! I love my family so very much and am so thankful for each and everyone of them. I dont get to see my family but twice a year and even though its so hard and I miss out on a lot, I am so thankful that I have in-laws to fill the gaps where my family cant. I have the best family!
5. Being a stay at home mom. This might shock some of y'all but I love being home with Paisley. There are rough days mixed in with all the good, and even though its a lot of work, a lot of patience, sometimes stressful I am so glad I have the opportunity to be with our daughter every single day and not miss a beat of what is happening in her world.
6. Coffee. Someone please give me an amen??? For all the sleepless nights I get, lets just say I am so thankful that this keeps me running! Dont you agree?
7. Living in FL. I never saw myself ever living in FL, but it has opened a world of doors for us and I am so thankful we get to be here somewhere beautiful. Makes up for being thousands and thousands of miles from my parents.
8. Blogging. I decided to start blogging right before Paisley was born to keep my family in touch with our lives, and well, this little corner of the world has become a great outlet for me to write, learn and make great friends! I dont know what I ever did before I became a blogger.
These are just a few reasons of why I am thankful, but if you havent already its kind of fun to make a list of why you are thankful. Keeps your eyes focused on the GOOD things in life :)
Thank you Kaeley for having me!
Monday, November 11, 2013
These walls that they put up to hold us back will fall down
It's a revolution, the time will come for us to finally win"
On Saturday I eluded to the fact that there was something that occurred last week that I was waiting to share. Well, there are some changes in the air, that is for sure. Early last week I received a phone call from a company asking if I would be interested in coming in for an interview. Well, Thursday afternoon I sat down with the two owners of the company and an hour later I was offered a job! It is all moving pretty quickly - they would like me to start as soon as possible since the person who was previously in the position already up and left. They understand that I am currently employed though and need to provide my employer proper notice.
Which led to a slightly uncomfortable Friday. That morning driving to work was stressful as I anticipated the conversations that needed to happen when I got to work. I had to go in and tell the people who I have been working for and who have invested their time and energy into me and my career for the last five years that, with about 2 months before tax season swings into motion, I am leaving. I almost cried talking to one of the partners just because I felt bad for leaving, one of the other partners nearly teared up when I told her the news. Overall, I think they understand and are glad that I have an opportunity to further my career, but I know I will missed. I was also told that I always have a place there, so that is reassuring if - for whatever reason - this doesn't work out.
My new job is going to be quite a bit different from the tax work I have focused on over the least several years. I am going to be the sole accountant responsible for the business accounting for a company specializing in constructing and maintaining telecommunications towers and antennas! Let me tell you - after seeing pictures and video clips of some of their projects I am glad I will be in their office and not out on the job. It is crazy how high up they have to climb and the winds they have to work in. No thank you!
So - I will be starting my new position in the next couple of weeks. I am excited to get in there and get started, but I also have work to wrap up for my current position before I leave. I will be sure to provide an update once I actually start the new job.
I didn't quite have a chance to celebrate the new change in my life over the weekend, but I still managed to stay busy. Friday night I got my hair touched up - had my roots recolored and got a trim. Saturday was spent focused on pictures (shooting, editing, sharing), as well as baking some yummy chocolate chip-butterscotch cookies and a little bit of blogging.
True to my recent "bad blogger" fashion, I didn't even think about taking any pictures of the cookies until much after I had packaged them up. So this is all you get. Saturday night, I also took a break from editing to experiment a little with taking a few pictures of candlelight, while the rest of the lights were out. That was kind of fun.
These are a few of my favorites of the little sweetheart I got to meet Saturday afternoon:
Oh yeah - I also received an early Christmas present!! . . . Which I purchased for myself.
I can't wait to try out these beautiful bows and ties!
Sunday, my friend Krista and I had a little girls' day! She is a proud momma of four, so every once in a while I try to get her out of the house for a bit :) We made a trip to Craft Warehouse, and had a yummy lunch at Olive Garden. There will be more to come of my craft treasures soon.
I am anxious to see how this week pans out at work, and after work have some prep work to do on my Christmas-themed photography props! Have a great Monday!