Friday is a busy one this week at My Mind's Lens! I'm guest posting elsewhere in blogville, My Mind's Lens received an award, and we have a little photo recap of the week.
I don't know about you, but lately online shopping has been a little weakness of mine. Earlier this week, over at Foltz Family Life, I shared some of my favorite online boutiques - make sure you stop by (plus, Foltz Family Life is a sponsor so you better show some extra love!). Pretty momma Rychelle will be returning the favor next week for Guest Post Tuesday, so watch for that.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Here's how it works:
1. Each blogger shares 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to, and link back to them in your post!
4. Let award recipients know that they've been awarded!
5. No tag backs.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. If I could fly everywhere instead of drive, I would.
2. I love the feeling of being up early in the morning, but hate actually waking up early.
3. Sweet little babies melt my heart.
4. Rain makes me sad, but I like the sound when it is pounding on the roof.
5. I like to have a clean house, but don't like to actually clean it.
6. It only takes a matter of seconds - from the time I walk out the door of my office and climb into my car - to lose the motivation to go to the gym.
7. If I had to pick only one beverage to drink for the rest of my life, it would be Malibu Rum with pineapple juice.
8. Once I get a crafty idea, I have to try it (so my trip to Craft Warehouse tomorrow could be dangerous).
9. I loved playing softball and volleyball when I was younger, but hate running/can't do it, so I quit after my sophomore year.
10. I think it would be fun to visit all 50 states someday-actually visit, not just have a layover at the airport.
11. My graduating class in high school was only about 65 students.
11 Questions from Kelly
1. What do you find it easiest to blog about? Sharing my photos
2. Is there a topic you'd like to blog about but are too scared/nervous to write about? Not really - I would like to get a little more personal and open up a bit more, but I'm getting there.
3. How has your blog changed since the day you started it? It started as just a way to share my photography, but has developed into something more - where I can share about my life.
4. How has blogging changed your life so far? If you asked my husband, he would tell you that I am on my computer a lot more...OOPS! But in all honesty, I have gotten to know some really great ladies from blogging.
5. Have you been able to meet, face-to-face, any of the bloggers that you follow? Not yet - but I should! There are several who are close by!
6. Is there a blogger (or a few) that have helped motivate you or really touched your life in any way? I've said it before, but Julie at A Beautiful Day is my biggest cheerleader!
7. Does anyone in your real life know about your blog? If yes, what do they think? If no, what keeps you from telling them? *See husband's sentiment above* I do have some friends and family members who know about My Mind's Lens - they seem to think it's pretty cool.
8. When you run into a writing block, what do you do to help you out of your funk? Sometimes I will get ideas from other bloggers, and if that doesn't work I will resort to Google!
9. What are your hopes for your blog over the next year? I would like to see it grow - but that may just mean gaining a few loyal followers and I'll be happy.
10. What is the first thing that you notice about another person's blog? The color scheme and fonts used!
11. Do you have any advice you'd like to like to share with bloggers who are just starting out? Do it for yourself and let your personality flow through your writing.
11 Questions for My Nominees
1. If you had to pick one color to represent your personality, what color would you be?
2. What has been your biggest triumph in life?
3. What are you most looking forward to during the next year?
4. Why did you start blogging?
5. Where do you find new blogs to follow?
6. What is the most fulfilling role you have played?
7. We are approaching the holiday season - what is your favorite thing to bake?
8. If you won a shopping spree for any store you wanted, which one would you choose?
9. How has your blog changed since you started?
10. Where is the best place you have ever vacationed?
11. What is the top item on your Christmas wish list?
1. Foltz Family Life
2. My Life As...
3. Believe in the Sparks
4. Linda's Lens
5. Martinis & Bikinis
6. Mr. and Mrs. Foster
7. The Sunset Won't
8. Fluent in Sparkle
9. Health, Love, & Fire
10. Scattered Horizons Photography
11. I'll Love You Forever
It really is exactly what it sounds like - they teach you how to paint, while you sip on your adult beverages!
I don't know if I would say my painting looked like a pro did it (or even that it looked like the instructor's finished product), but I am still pretty proud of what I created! We are going to try to catch another class, maybe next month.