Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Composition

This weekend, I had a few hours to spare Saturday afternoon.  We were staying at my in-laws and I decided to go out and "explore" my hometown to see if I could find any interesting subjects to capture.

My father-in-law suggested visiting a cemetery.  I thought of this older church out in the country that has an old cemetery on property.  Part of the charm is that the church sits on "Life Lane".  I was disappointed to find that the street sign appears to have been removed - possibly by a passing vehicle.

There is an old fish station outside of town that is built out over the river on piers.  I believe the building is roughly 100 years old.  Just over a week ago, and ship came by, and the movement of the waves was apparently the straw that broke the camel's back - one section of the building collapsed on top of itself:


From there, I took I drive along many gravel, dike roads - just to see what I could find.  My goal: try to find "different" subjects, experiment with various angles to add interest, and pay attention to the composition of the photos.





The middle photo in the above set was the original, while the two on the sides have been edited using various techniques.




















These old buildings are really fun to work with!!


It was fun to spend a little time in a place that I have lived most of my life, but to see it differently.  It's amazing how much you can miss when you are in a particular environment on a daily basis!

Sarah B Texas @ City Girl Gone Country

6 comments:

  1. Such a scenic place -- how fortunate you are to have this as a getaway. Thanks for sharing at Your Sunday Best this week, Kaeley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great eye Kaeley, thanks for sharing these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up last week to the Sunday Snaps link up! I loved your pictures so much, one of them were FEATURED on this week's link up! Stop over HERE to check it out and grab a FEATURED button!

    Hope to see you link up again soon!
    Sarah B Texas @ City Girl Gone Country

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah - Thank you so much! I am so grateful to anyone who helps get my photos out there!!

      Delete
  4. Great Photos. Came over from City Girl Gone Country. I just love railroad track photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...