Friday, October 26, 2012

Beautiful

For those of you who know me, I may have mentioned a special project that I was really excited about.  I have been looking forward to today for quite a while now (okay . . . maybe only a couple of months, but still!).  Back in August, Julie at A Beautiful Day asked if I would contribute to a new project she wanted to implement on her blog.  She asked if I would be interested in writing a contributor post once a month.

Well - today is the day!  My first edition of In Focus Friday is live at A Beautiful Day.  Please go check it out.  Jules has been a real cheerleader for me lately and I am so grateful she has given me this opportunity.  She has a wonderful blog and the other contributors have also done a beautiful job.

This month, Katie @ Katie Stories posted a really great scrapbook layout, while Megan @ House of Martinez shared a step-by-step to making a super cute bead necklace.

Be sure to follow A Beautiful Day and watch for the monthly contributor posts, as well as Julie's wonderful posts of her own.


Now - onto MY post for the day.  As I've mentioned lately - tomorrow is moving day!  We are spending today finishing up packing and cleaning this house.  It sounds silly, but even though this house isn't anything special and we don't own it, it was still our first actual "house" together (we started out in an apartment).  So it will always hold a special place in my heart.  However, I'm pretty excited for our new house.  We got our keys last night and did the final walk-through.

Since I had a little bit of time beforehand, I did a short little "exploration" of our new town.  There's a nice little park down by the river that I was drawn to.



























































I may be a little absent for the next few days as we get settled, but I promise it won't be for long!  I might even surprise you in a couple of days!

1 comment:

  1. Your new town looks positively charming! Love the little marina picture. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...