Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Retreat (part 2)

Okay - I know I promised my remaining beach trip photos and it has taken awhile.  I was recently fortunate enough to get my own computer again (the last one took a bit of a spill).  So while I no longer have to share Tristan's, the computer I got from my friend is about 5 or 6 years old and has a bit of trouble keeping up with my normal pace.  Needless to say, it takes me a little bit longer to get things done.

At any rate, while my patience is being tested, I was finally able to get the rest of my pictures pulled together.

Monday afternoon we drove down Hwy 101, past Cannon Beach, to Oswald State Park.  There is a half mile trail that leads from the highway down to the beach.  I have wanted to check it out for a long time.  There are some other trails in the park that I am hoping to go back and check out next summer.

And yes - the truck came along too...until it broke down and had to be carried back home.


Set inside a little cove, apparently Short Sands Beach is a big surfing spot.  I was a little taken aback when we got down to the beach.  I shouldn't have been surprised considering the parking lot was packed, but the beach was covered with surfers.

It may not have been much of a "hike", but it was a good afternoon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...