Saturday, May 4, 2013

25

Am I really that old?!  For some reason, in the last couple of weeks as I was getting ready for my birthday, I just kept thinking "25 sounds so much older than 24!!"  Now, I am fully aware that 25 is NOT old.  It's just hard to believe that I got there already. 

As I sit here, on my first full day in sunny California, I'm kind of at a loss for words when I think of how much my life has changed in the last year.  This time last year, I was really struggling with who I was as an individual, a wife, a daughter and a friend.  I couldn't make decisions for the life of me and I really was just kind of coasting through life.  I realized that although I had quite a few friends, I didn't really have a deep relationship with them like I would like.  And one of the biggest issues I struggled with was that I wasn't living for myself.  I did whatever I could to make everyone else's lives easier, but never really did much for me.

So there have been a lot of changes in my life this year.  I started to open up to a few close friends and really talk about the things I was going through.  My relationship with my husband has grown and we've become much closer.  And my photography has really helped me find who I am.  I love taking pictures - both landscapes and providing families with memories through portraits.

As strange as it is to be 25, I am excited for the days to come and see what life brings me.  As my mother told me on my birthday - every day from here on out, I will be closer to 30 than 20.  But that is something to dwell on another day.  Today - I am off to explore the beautiful city of San Francisco!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. i'm turning 25 this year too and i can't get used to the idea. i struggle now with what you said you struggled with last year, so i hope that i will go through the same process as you did and have everything figured out by the time i actually turn 25 :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...