Monday, September 9, 2013

Blogging With A Purpose: A Room Within My Childhood Home

When I was younger, my sister and I shared a bedroom on the third floor of our split-level home. But when I turned 8 I got to move into the extra bedroom in the "basement". I was so excited to not only have my own room, but practically have my own floor {even though I had to share it with the laundry room and den}. One of the things that I was the most excited for that I got to pick out my own paint and furniture <this meant an entire trip to Ikea dedicated to me!>.

My bedding was the colors of the bedding in the photo below, but in a flower-like design. My walls were really fun. One wall was a couple shades darker than the blue in the photo, and because the wall was previously covered in wallpaper, we used a textured paint that was kind of rough.  The other three walls were the darker color of yellow, with a lighter yellow sponge-painted over the top.  Basically, three of the walls represented the daytime, while one represented the night.  I even helped my dad do the painting, which I think made me appreciate it more. 

Source: Squidoo
I loved having my own "refuge" in the downstairs of our home.  I got to listen to my music, have my own walk-in closet, and I got escape my sisters when they were being annoying.  It was really the first time that I had a place of my own and that was really special.  I'm not gonna lie, though, sometimes I ended up on Mom and Dad's floor if I heard a strange sound outside my window or had a bad dream.

What was your favorite room when you were a child?  Link up with From Mrs. to Mama!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...