Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Babies, babies and more babies!

Ever since before we got married, people have been asking me when we are going to have kids.  In our society, it is beginning to seem like if you don't have a child by the time you are 20, you are behind.  What happened to people getting established in their lives before starting a family?  This last weekend, with the help of my sister-in-law, I hosted a baby shower for my other sister-in-law, who is getting ready to have her first baby.  At the party, no less than 4 people asked me when it would be my turn.  Yes - we are going to have kids someday.  There are just some things that we want to do first.  I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with having kids early in life - I used to think I wanted to have a baby at 21.  But I also think that our perception is a little off and people shouldn't be surprised when someone is in their mid-20s and doesn't have any children yet - particularly if they are married.

Anyways - I will now step off of my soap box and get back to the baby shower.  It was the first one I had planned and was a lot of work.  But it was really fun too. 







 I wish I could say that I made these delicious cupcakes - but no :(

The momma-to-be!





Baby Easton got lots of new blankies and jammies!




 Who needs babies when I have all of these sweet nieces and soon little nephew?!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. What a cute shower!! I love all the baseball stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys did a great job on the shower....everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...