Tuesday, January 1, 2013

One Little Word 2013

Every year, people ask "What is your New Year's resolution?"  Maybe you decide to exercise more, be kinder, lose those last 15 pounds.  How often do we actually follow through on these new "goals", though?  My friend, Julie, introduced me to this idea of 'One Little Word'.  It is a program started several years ago by Ali Edwards.

She offers an online course titled One Little Word.  Here is an excerpt from the course description:

"It can be something tangible or intangible. It can be a thought, a feeling, or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word—this is YOUR word. 

One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here's one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our heart speaks to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren't ready for it yet.

Again, be open to the possibilities."

Although I am not planning on participating in Ali's year long course, I do plan on choosing a word and referring back to it throughout the year.

**INSPIRE** 

This year, I want to inspire those around me - both my friends and family that I see on a daily basis, and those following me online - through my work.  I want to inspire others to pursue their dreams.  And more than that - I want to be inspired.  Over the next year, I plan to seek out those things that inspire me.  Each month I am going to try to do some special project to remind myself to be inspired and to reflect that inspiration. 

If you are one of those people who sets annual New Year's resolutions, and actually keeps them, more power to you!  That takes a lot of motivation.  If you aren't, I want to encourage you to try this.  Find your word, and incorporate it into your life this year.

  
post signature

2 comments:

  1. So excited that you are being "Inspired" by One Little Word. I seriously considered doing the year long class, but was afraid that it would detract from completing by DOCUMENTING. Ali's blog is amazing and if I could just be half as creative! I am going to find someone that will do a printable or something like it for my word and hand in a prominent place or places to help keep me focused. Good luck on your 2013 journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great word, one that puts a smile on my face when someone tells me that I have inspired them.
    Good luck with your word this year :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...