Tuesday, June 4, 2013

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind

As you may know, I like to link up on occasion at Sunday Social - where I found Brianne at "My Life As..."  Today, I was reading her "progress report" on her 101 in 1001 list.  One of the items that she had checked off really intrigued me.  It was to complete the "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind".  I looked them up and decided it was something worth sitting down and going through. 

There are quite a few questions *50 to be exact* so I will be breaking them up into 5 posts.    I apologize, I know this is my second post in a row that does not contain any recent photos.  Instead, you get to know a little about me, while I maybe learn something about myself as well.  Hopefully I will be able to interject some photo-related posts between the next four "50 Questions" posts.


1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
Probably 35 - some days I just feel old!!
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
At the time of failing, I usually wish I hadn't tried. But as cliche as it sounds, there are usually important life lessons to be learned in the midst of failure.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Pressure - life is full of it.  Everyone from our parents, to friends, to people on television that we don't even know.  Our culture tells us that we should do this or need to do that...and we do it!  Instead of following our hearts and doing the things that make us happy, we do what everybody else is doing.  How sad is that?  Let's take a stand and do something for ourselves this week!!
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
I sure hope not. In my opinion, you can say whatever you want, but what people are going to remember about you is what you did with your life.
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
Too often, bad things are happening to really good people. It seems like the people who deserve to excel just keep getting kicked back to the ground. I know life isn't fair, but I wish it were!
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
I think this one is a given - photography! And MAYBE, someday it will...
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
If you had asked me this a year ago, my answer probably would be much different. But these days, I am seeking out my dreams.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I would minimize my spending of money and time on daily aspects of life (tv, cell phones, internet) and save all of that to travel. I would also have kids much earlier :)
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I'd like to think that I've made all of the choices that have gotten me to where I am today. But I know that probably isn't true. Our lives are interconnected with others and therefore the paths we lead depend somewhat with them. However, I think I have more control over my life now than I have in years past.
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Right and wrong is hard. I think this question may be harder. To be honest, I probably focus more on doing things right, but maybe should switch that mindset somewhat...

They weren't kidding . . . these questions really make you think. Hopefully I haven't scared anyone away with my views and opinions. But that's what blogs are for, right? To express ourselves. So there shouldn't be any hiding!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...