Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Introducing...Julie!

I am extremely excited to give you a chance to get to know some of the sweet women who offered to help me celebrate this big, 1st anniversary!  Julie over at A Beautiful Day has been one of my biggest cheerleaders when it comes to my photos and my blog.  Towards the end of last year, she asked me to become a contributor over at her blog by doing a monthly guest post.  And even before then she was always there every week leaving me sweet comments.  So 'Thank you' Julie!!

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I am Julie and you can occasionally find me blogging over here.


I am thrilled to be here helping Kaeley celebrate her first blogiversary.  I have loved watching Kaeley grow as a photographer and will continue to cheer her on from afar....all the way from The Lone Star State!

I started A Beautiful Day almost 2.5 years ago.  No one would ever accuse me of being the best blogger....I definitely go through phases.  I used to be really hard on myself about it, but finally realized that it is supposed to be fun and if it becomes something that you stress about on a regular basis, then you probably really shouldn't be doing it.   More than my own blog, I value the incredible women that I have connected with through blogging and would not trade that for the world!

I racked my brain trying to come up with something to guest post that would be in keeping with Kaeley's photography focus.  I am addicted to pictures...really, I am.  I am no great photographer, but I have no problem paying someone that is, to capture my son growing up faster than it seems humanly possible.  I found a great photographer here in Texas  and every year for the last four years, right around my son's birthday, we schedule a session with Jesse of Jesse Leos Photography.   I always pick my favorite and have it printed in B&W for my gallery wall....but what to do with all the rest???  It is not a matter of trying to narrow down three or four of my absolute favorites...there are usually much more that I really love.  Jesse edits and provides me with an entire disc of photos to choose from, and there is just no way that I am picking a few....so, I print them all!

But then what to do from there.  Well, I LOVE to scrapbook!  So, I decided to just scrap them all.  Excessive....maybe.  But I love how it is turning out and that is all that really matters.  I don't force people to leaf through it when they come to visit.....I am not THAT scrapbooker...lol.  I have completed three of the four sessions, but that fourth session is already printed and ready to go - I am going to do my best to get those done before his next session in October or November.

Here is one 2-page layout from each of the sessions.  Please forgive the picture quality - I told you. I am no great photographer.

9 years old

10 years old (we also took some family shots)

11 years old

Like I said, the most recent session has not been scrapped yet, but here are two of my favorites from that shoot:


Both photos courtesy of Jesse Leos of  Jesse Leos Photography
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post.  I am so honored to be able to guest post for Kaeley since she contributes to my blog each and every month.  If you are interested in seeing more of my scrapbooking, you can visit my blog or my Facebook page Pictures & Pens.  I love visitors and  getting to know fellow bloggers!!!





************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Please, please, please go say hello to Julie and return the favor.  She is just wonderful...And don't forget to go enter for the giveaway here!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Julie's blog! What a great idea to keep all of the shots together and see the changes over the year. The new ones are just gorgeous of you two. He's such a handsome young man, I see where he gets his good looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sweet words, Heather! He is the light of my life. I love it when people see a resemblance - people most often say that he looks just like his dad, but I see a little of me in him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am visiting from Julie's blog. I love her and and her blog and excited to see her guest post here. Happy 1 yr anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Kaeley!

    Julie! I love your proof books! How cool to do birthday photo shoots and then actually use all of the pictures!!!

    I am so keeping this idea for one day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...