Saturday, June 8, 2013

If you are a fan of drinking things that are normally eaten, keep reading!

Last night I finally got in to my special treat from the California border liquor store.  If you are ever driving over the Oregon-California border, it is definitely worth the stop!!  These distributors have some really great deals on hard alcohol that shouldn't be missed!

But to the point - our purchase included a bottle of Pinnacle Gummy vodka.  Yes - they make Swedish Fish flavored vodka.  Mix it with a little Diet 7Up, and you have liquid fish!  I know, I know...it sounds a little weird.  It is one of many Pinnacle vodkas with rather odd flavors.

Others include "Country Fair Cotton" <cotton candy>, "Rainbow Sherbet", "Cake", "Red Liquorice", and "Atomic Hot" <cinnamon>.  While Cake vodka also sounded interesting, I didn't know what I would mix it with for a drink.  So yes - it sounds weird....but I would actually highly suggest the Pinnacle Gummy vodka!


Last night was also the first night of "13 Nights on the River."  Every Thursday from now through the end of the summer, there is a small street fair downtown.  It includes food vendors, local artists, and a weekly concert.  We walked down to check it out, and I was surprised at the large turnout...there were people everywhere!


I'm probably going to get in trouble for this one...but I just love this guy to pieces!!



Although I don't want to stay here forever - I WILL admit there is something charming about small towns...

 Columbia County Courthouse

The music last night wasn't really my style, but it was still fun.  A good way to start the summer.

Now - on to the next set of "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind."  I'm not sure if these are freeing my mind...but they are making me think.

21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
Joyful Simpleton.  No doubt - I HATE worrying...it's so frustrating.
22. Why are you, you?
Umm...because God said so?? Yes-but for real, one of the things that makes me ME, is that I'm a giver.  I put what everyone else wants before what I want.  This is also my downfall at times - but that's getting better.
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
Yes and no.  I'm a good listener - once we are together.  But I'm not very good at keeping in touch *I'm working on that too*
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
When a good friend moves away.  If you never talk or spend time with someone who lives close by, there is probably a reason for it.  But if a friend is just all of a sudden gone - that is the loss of potential time spent together and memories.
25. What are you most grateful for?
Second chances.
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
I think I'd rather lose all my old memories and here's why: I'd like to think that my best years are ahead of me and I want to be able remember them.
27. Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
I don't think you have to "challenge" the truth.  Sometimes its better to just take things as they are...I guess I am an optimist.
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
No - I think my greatest fear is to be alone in life.  But to be honest, I don't think that will ever happen.  I have a lot of great friends and family in my life that aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now?
I was struggling with who I was and where I was going with my relationship - It all worked out, we are married now!  But it hasn't always been an easy road. 
30. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special?
I have quite a few good memories from when I was a child.  One of them is when I was really little, I used to play with my dolls (who were all named Elizabeth by the way) and have birthday parties for them.  My grandma would take empty butter containers or something similar, cover it with tin foil, and poke candles through the foil to make a birthday cake.  I just thought that was the coolest thing!
I have been dreading having to get outside and pull weeds.  But the weather has been so nice lately and they are beginning to take over - so I guess it is time.  *Yuck - I hate yard work!*  Wish me luck!


post signature

1 comment:

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...