Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Blogging with A Purpose

If you follow my blog consistently, it is pretty clear that it lacks a sense of direction - I'm not afraid to admit I tend to be all over the place.  Part of that is because some days, it really is hard to come up with something fun to write about.

Just this week, I saw a couple of people promoting some different programs that I considered trying to participate with in order to create that direction to some extent.  Katie over at Katie Stories posted this week about the "Find Your Voice" summer storytelling workshop.  It looks like a really great program and a lot of fun, but I'm afraid I don't quite have the time for it.  You should definitely take a look if you are interested in it.


I'm a little late in starting, but I think I am going to try the 52 Weeks of Blogging With A Purpose.  This is hosted by Becky at From Mrs. to Mama.  Becky has created a list of 20 prompts so far, one per week.  These topics are to help provide inspiration for a weekly post - that is to include photos and interpretations.  I found this project while reading one of my sponsors' recent posts, "10 Things I Live For."  Jessie, of Jessie Jo At Home, and her husband Sam have some adorable kiddos and I really enjoy her blog.

Each week, Becky is hosting a link-up to share what we have come up with for that week's prompt.  I look forward to hopefully getting to know some new bloggers via this project.


Like I said, I am a little late jumping on the wagon - Week 2's link-up was posted on Monday.  But I am ready to jump in!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. ohhh I love this idea. and I always jump on bandwagons late too. I might have to join ya on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Kaeley! I had considered trying Find Your Voice, but I am just afraid that with the time commitment, I would fail miserably. It is taking everything that I have just to get scrapping again. Good luck on the 52 Weeks of blogging With Purpose!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...