Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dont Make Me MAD.

Funny Breakup Ecard: Don't make me mad then tell me to calm down. That's like shooting someone then telling them to not bleed. 

 I saw this on Pinterest last night and instantly started laughing.  I don't know how many times I have told my husband this: "You don't get to be a jerk and then tell me to calm down when I get mad!"  Lucky for him, I'm not the best shot. Just Kidding!  But seriously, this was perfect.  It even made him laugh.

So - I have a confession to make.  For the last year or so, I have really struggled with my weight.  Almost three years ago, I started Weight Watchers prior to my wedding and during those 7 months lost roughly 30 pounds.  I was pretty proud of myself, but still had about 15 pounds to go to get to my goal weight.  After that, I continued to be signed up for Weight Watchers, but was just maintaining more than anything.

Last spring, after ending my subscription, I went through some personal issues and the stress eliminated my appetite.  I quickly lost 10 pounds *not the healthy way - a girl should eat!!*  However, I was happy to be within a few pounds of my goal weight.  Since I got my life back together, I have pretty much been eating whatever I feel like, whenever it sounds good.  The results - not good.  My confession: I have gained back almost 30 pounds from my lowest point.  That puts me less than 15 pounds away from where I started.  

I am determined not to get back to that point.  So last weekend - I went back to Weight Watchers.  There is something about the tracking and accountability that really helps with my motivation.  For those of you who are here for my pictures, don't worry - this isn't going to warp into a health and fitness blog.  But the additional accountability and encouragement that comes from sharing my goals publicly are appreciated, so I may check in occasionally here.

This girl has a really bad sweet tooth.  Not gonna lie.  So that will be my first battle to conquer.  A friend and I are going to try out a new class at our gym today, though.  Should be fun!!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. That is great that you are hoping back into being healthy. the secret to weight lose is simple (the making it a HABIT part is hard haha) but all it is, is 80% diet 20% exercise. If you have a clean, healthy eating routine that omits excess fat, sugar and carbs (not cutting them out, your blood needs sugar, your body needs healthy fats and carbs are unavoidable) and couple that with working out 3-4 times a week you will not only see a change but you will be able to maintain it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Kaeley! I know how it is...I have been struggling with my weight for most of my adult life and it is no fun and a constant area of concern. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...