Monday, July 8, 2013

Weekend Recap

I have a problem - my camera battery lasts too long and my SD card holds too many photos.  Ha - this, I know, is not a bad thing.  The problem is that I occasionally go to use my camera and can't because it is dead.  Since it hardly ever needs charged, I never think to check the battery before I go out.  Lately, I've been trying to force myself to just always plug it in when I know there is something coming up (it would be really embarresing to have to tell a client I have to cut their session short because my camera battery died!

I almost thought I was going to have to do that yesterday, but not because I forgot.  I took over 1000 pictures over this weekend!  While Saturday morning I had a fully charged battery, towards the end of my second portrait session Sunday it was getting really low.  Luckily, the little guy got tired so we wrapped up before it was completely gone.

This weekend was really busy - my pictures will tell you so!!

This weekend I . . .
     . . . went rock-crawling with Tristan.  I KNOW that I have mentioned his RC trucks before, but he really loves them and I will occasionally go with.  A fellow RC-er recently built a bunch of trails on his property so we drove out Saturday morning to check it out.  It was pretty fun.


This weekend I . . .
     . . . had my first experience at the race track!  Well, technically I had been there a couple times before - but not for races, for the annual Christmas light display!  Friday and Saturday nights Portland International Raceway hosts drag races where pretty much anyone can race, after an inspection of their vehicle.  I was a little nervous about going, because not only was it my first time watching the races, but Tristan had decided that he was going to race for the first time.  *First time on the track anyways*

     Him and a friend went 7 rounds and it actually was a lot of fun.  Each time I was a little less nervous for him and they did really good.  I could not believe how fast and loud some of the other cars on the track were!




This weekend I . . .
     . . . explored the Astoria Sunday Market.  I don't know why, but I just love going to local markets.  All of the fresh produce and craft vendors are just fun.  And - a great photo opportunity!



This weekend I . . .
     . . . of course, had a couple of photo shoots.  They were both a lot of fun.  I was opening the clouds would burn off a bit more - but it is the coast, so I didn't expect too much.


This weekend I . . .
     . . . explored the Astoria waterfront a little bit in between sessions.




There will be much more to come on all of this later in the week.  But there is a little recap for now!

Time to conquer Monday - yuck.

post signature

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous pictures - as always! sounds like a fun weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pics, but especially ones from the Farmer's Market - I should head over to Dallas and try my hand at that. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a new follower from the Monday Mingle. Awesome photos! The first first set doesn't look edited.

    I'd love it if you can follow me back :)


    xoxo
    ochibernadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only ones that were edited, actually, are the ones from the waterfront. And a few little touch-ups on the ones from the market.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...