Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wedding Bells and Seashells

This is the second time this week that I have to apologize for a second post of the day....but this one is just too exciting to hold off on until tomorrow.  Last weekend, I had an amazing opportunity to kill two birds with one stone when we went camping.

Let me back up a bit......several months ago I was asked to do take pictures for a small, local wedding.  I was extremely excited, since it would be my first "wedding gig".  Sadly, the family ended up going through a series of events which left them unable to afford to hire a photographer.  They decided to have a family friend take the photos instead.  You can imagine how disappointed I was.

Within a week of hearing this, I was approached by another couple looking for a wedding photographer.  They were planning a small, intimate beach wedding - just immediate family and a couple of friends - and wouldn't you know, we were planning on camping about half an hour away the day of the ceremony!  To say I was excited would be a massive understatement.  It couldn't have worked out better.

Summer days at our part of the coast are always a roll of the dice.  It could be clear skies and sunny at one spot, then you drive north 8 miles and find rain.  You just never know.  These guys got lucky, though.  There couldn't have been a better day for a beach wedding in the NW.



The sky was crystal clear, the sun was out, and it was probably about 72 degrees.  Not too hot, but certainly not cold.

The bride and groom have been together roughly five years, and have raised three beautiful children.  It took some chasing and coercing, but I think I was able to capture each of their personalities.











I think I will save the rest for tomorrow.  To come: pictures from the ceremony, as well as of the bridge and groom.

Goodnight, y'all!!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. These are absolutely stunning!!! I ever get married again - please, nobody hold your breath - it will be on the beach,,,,NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are so beautiful!
    Helps that I loved beach weddings :)

    Great job and congrats on the gig!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...