Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Fourth of July...And Little Things Thursday *LATE*

So - I had every intention of doing a 4th of July post.  But instead I enjoyed time with friends and family.  I still really wanted to do this post, though, because I had put quite a lot of thought into it.  It will just be better because I can share photos from the Fourth :)

For Little Things Thursday, I want to mention some of the little things in life that I think we tend to take for granted and not appreciate enough.

*Deep relationships: In the past I did not realize the importance of having these in my life.  Relationships with long-time friends, and even those with family members and your significant other, can be extremely superficial.  Maybe not all the time - but sometimes it is easy to just float apart when it comes to serious issues.  Does that make sense?  I love my husband to death, and I know that I can talk to him about just about anything.  But what about the days that he just pisses me off - well on those days I have to have close friends to vent to :)  And I know he does the same.  I am so grateful for the people that I have in my life - especially in the last year.  I have grown a lot when it comes to relationships and there are a few people in particular that I can credit for helping me with that.


*These are NOT the only friends I am referring to...just the only ones I can find good photos of at the moment*

*Beautiful scenery: In my opinion, there is something extremely calming and peaceful about beauty in nature.  The other night, I was driving home from an evening photo shoot and the sun was getting ready to set. <I know I already shared these the other day, but they fit perfectly here, so I need to post them again!>

*Don't mind our bridge which seems to be continually under construction*

The whole way home I was just thinking about how beautiful the sunset was in my review mirrors.  If I wasn't so anxious to get home to my honey, I would have pulled over just to watch it.  I don't know how to describe it, but scenes like these just bring me a sense of peace.


I'm sure the skies are not the only thing in nature that can bring on this feeling, but that is when I, for one, feel it.

*Simple Joys:

From the time the parade got over yesterday morning, until we left to head home in the evening, I don't think I saw my niece without a sucker in her mouth.  She just kept going back to her bag of parade treasures for more.  Wouldn't it be nice if all it took to make our day wonderful was a sucker?

Maybe that doesn't work as we grow up - but there are still small joys in our lives that we should cherish more.  A hot cup of coffee first thing in the morning.  The start of an early (or holiday) weekend.  A simple note left for you on the kitchen counter.  We can let the troubles of the day bring us down, or we can hold on to these sweet moments and let them carry us through.

What are some of my simple joys?  Waking up next to my husband. The giggles of my nephew.  A warm sunny day.




Our little town used to have a pretty great 4th of July celebration.  A grand parade, carnival rides, live music and lots of vendors in the city park and a finale of fireworks at the end of the day.  The last couple of years have just been a little disappointing, though.  It is still fun to watch the kids enjoy the parade, but the afternoon festivities at the park have dwindled and the fireworks show is hit or miss.

None-the-less, we had fun with the kiddos and other family at the parade and with a little backyard BBQ.



Aren't these kids adorable? I don't know them, but I love their ear-muffs!





I think I mentioned this the other day - but if any of you want to share your own 4th of July photos, post them over at my Facebook page!

Oh - and if you haven't already, go check out Kelly's SUPER CUTE 4th of July nails at Today Was a Fairytale.  She is one of my sponsors this month and her blog is definitely worth taking a look at! 

Finally, don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to keep up with new posts!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Your 4th celebration looks wonderful! We were totally rained out, which was a bummer. I agree with you about having good friends. It such an important part of life, but good friends are rare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these things... what a great 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post and pictures :)
    Happy July 4th to you from Canada (two days late!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Ahola Friday. I'd like to invite you to my Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your best blog entry of the week! The party goes on ALL weekend at thejennyevolution.com. And who knows, you may just get featured next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...