Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Week of New Recipes

In our house, we eat a lot of spaghetti, tacos, turkey burgers and chicken salads.  This week, I decided to change that - for a few days at least.  Last Sunday I sat down and went through my "recipe board" on Pinterest, as well as some of my favorite recipe books {which I almost never use}, and planned out some new meals to try.  Then, I made a good list and headed to the grocery store.



Some of the recipes turned out really good, while some I will probably never make again.

The Good Ones?





Cornbread Waffles!  These were delicious and exactly like they sound - cornbread, cooked in a waffle iron, and topped with chili and whatever else you want to add.  We used corn, spanish rice, lettuce, onion and pepperjack cheese.

This one will definitely be reappearing in our kitchen.
    Baked Mac & Cheese.  *I forgot to take a picture of this one so this is the picture from the recipe*  I have made different versions of homemade mac & cheese before, but for some reason I always pick a new one when I decide to make it.  This one turned out pretty good, but next time I might use just a little less milk.



Hasselback Chicken: Tristan wasn't too impressed - he thought it was a little bland.  But I think with some spices he may be willing to try it again.  I thought it was good, though!






Scalloped Potatoes. This came from the Joy of Cooking cookbook that my grandma gave me for our first anniversary.  It has over 4000 recipes!  I doubt I will ever make them all, but this one turned out better than expected.  I've never made scalloped potatoes, even from the box, so I was pleasantly surprised.









Baked Eggs in Ham Cups - I intended to make these for dinner Thursday night, but went to the fridge and found we only had three eggs.  So we opted for Thai food and I made them Friday morning instead.

So what won't be returning to our dinner menu?






Cheesy corn.  This was a Crock Pot recipe that sounded really good.  It wasn't necessarily not good, but it ended up with a weird texture that was just not appealing to me.






Finally, I tried to make a pork roast in the crock pot.  It also didn't turn out that bad, but I've figured out that I don't really like roast I don't think.













What are some of your favorite go-to meals?  I know every family has them . . .

post signature

2 comments:

  1. the baked mac and cheese and scallop taters look oh so good. :D how'd it all taste

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com come say hello. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore trying new recipes! My pinterest board is always being searched for recipes I want to try! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...