Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

"Watch the sunrise at least once a year, put a lot of marshmallows in your hot chocolate, lie on your back and look at the stars, never buy a coffee table you can't put your feet on, never pass up a chance to jump on a trampoline, don't overlook life's small joys while searching for the big ones."
-H. Jackson Brown Jr.

H. Jackson Brown Jr. is an inspirational author from Tennessee.  He is most well known for his book "Life's Little Instruction Book."  A couple weeks ago Kenzie from Chasing Happy posted the above quote on her blog's Facebook page and I instantly fell in love with it.  *If you haven't visited Chasing Happy, you need to.  Kenzie's positive attitude is infectious.  She also has a great project for blogging in November that I am definitely going to try to take part in.*

Since I do not have anyone lined up for Guest Post Tuesday (again...), {if you are interested in guest posting at My Mind's Lens, click HERE, or if missed some of the guest posts, click HERE to get caught up!}, I asked my sponsors for some of the best, and worse, advice that they have ever received. I got this idea from another blog - but I should have written it down because sadly, I can't remember where it was, now.  Sorry!!

Kelly @ Today Was a Fairytale:
Best Advice: I remember once when I was in high school my mom told me that saying something mean to or about someone is like hammering a nail into a piece of wood. We can apologize and try to make it up to them, but like when you take the nail out of the wood.. there will still be a hole there. In other words, you can't un-say something so think before you speak. Take the time to cool off before you start saying things you don't mean out of anger and be kind to each other.

Worst Advice: "Never go to bed angry" I don't know who first told me this, but I'm sure that we've all heard it before. Where is the problem with this {at least for me}, I need time to cool down. Sometimes going to bed and have some time between whatever set us off and when we actually talk about it is a really good thing. Then we don't say things we don't mean or might regret later. However, I am a firm believer that you should never withhold affection from people because you're angry. Always kiss each other good-night and good-bye and always say "I love you". You never know when that person might not be around for you to kiss and tell you love them. So it doesn't matter how mad you are at each other. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS tell the important people in your life that you love them.

QUICK NOTE: I am actually over at Today Was a Fairytale today, sharing some of my favorite things about Fall. So when you are done reading all this great advice, head over there and take a look!

Chelsey @ Patti Cake:


Best Advice: Take all advice into consideration, until you find out what really works for you!







Amberly @ Life With Amberly & Joe:

Best Advice: "Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you." {Dr. Seuss} We could try to conform to who we think people want us to be, but the truth is, we will be loved, respected and accepted the most if we stay true to who we really are as a unique individual!



Rychelle @ Foltz Family Life:
Best Advice: Life is a journey not a destination. Don't be so focused on getting to the end that you don't experience all the fun. Enjoy the ride!

Worst Advice: Forget about being a worship leader, pick another career because you couldn't handle or live up to being a worship leader.
*Note from K: This isn't just bad advice - it is cruel!  What is wrong with people?!*


What is the best and worst advice that you have received?  Who gave it to you?


post signature

2 comments:

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...