Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Workout Wednesday + 4pt WW Dinner

I have talked a little bit here and there about my struggle with weight loss and my journey to being healthy for the first time in a long time. For nearly three months I have been a 2nd-time member of Weight Watchers, but I don't think I have been taking it serious enough. I haven't been very good about tracking lately...if I know I've been bad, I just won't track it.

That has to stop.

Last week I also was really bad about getting to the gym. The one day that I did go, this is the class my friend and I went to. It has quickly become one of our favorites.


It may look kinda cheesy - just playing around with some drum sticks - but it is actually a really good workout.  I'm usually sore for a day or two afterwards.  Unfortunately Wednesdays are the only day the time works with my schedule - I would love to catch it more often.


In the last few months, I have only lost a few pounds.  I guess the bright side is at least I haven't been gaining weight.  But I really want to work harder and stick to my healthy lifestyle goals and get somewhere with it.  I have already decided that once I hit my next goal I get to purchase a new workout outfit, so that will be my motivation for the next 7 pounds.

********************************************************************************************
I want to share an easy, healthy recipe that I found the other night. This easy Chicken & Broccoli bake comes out to only 4 Weight Watchers points per serving, assuming 4 servings.
Click the photo to go to original recipe - I changed it slightly
Easy Chicken and Broccoli Divan
 
2 cups hot cooked broccoli florets
2 cups cooked & cubed chicken breast
1 cup sweet red pepper, cut in large chunks
1/3 cup milk (I use 1%)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs

1. Arrange broccoli, chicken and red pepper in a casserole dish.
2. Combine can of soup and milk in a small bowl, then pour over chicken and veggies.
3. Sprinkle with cheese, followed by bread crumbs.
4. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.

I served this over mashed potatoes, but it can also be served over brown rice or just by itself alongside a salad for an even healthier option.
 

Weigh In Wednesday    button
********************************************************************************************
Make sure you stop by and visit my lovely sponsors this week!  You can read about growing up in Minneapolis on They Call Her Meghan - which she shared yesterday.
If you are interested in doing an ad swap, or purchasing larger ad space, you can take a look at my ad store HERE.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Great job on not gaining! That recipe looks really good and I think we are going to have to try it! Best of luck to you with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted about this very thing today...taking things more serious! Good for you for losing a few lbs at least! I didn't gain, but I surely haven't lost anything in the last few weeks either. October is going to be our month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always looking for low point meals! Yum!! I've been stalled for the longest time but today was a good weigh in so I'm hoping that it's finally kicking in!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...