Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fall Baking = Love Handles

Oh wait....I already have those, so does that mean I can eat as many of these bars of deliciousness as I'd like?!? Probably not the best idea . . . but I could have easily eaten the whole pan!


Pumpkin Bars
(source: Taste of Home)

4 Eggs
1 2/3 Cup sugar
1 Cup vegetable oil (or applesauce! I wish I had thought to substitute BEFORE I put these in the oven!)
15 Oz. can of pumpkin
2 Cups flour
2 Teaspoons cinnamon
2 Teaspoons baking powder
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1 Teaspoon salt

*The original recipe also had instructions to make an icing - but I cheated and used Betty Crocker cream cheese frosting, from a tub :)*


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Beat eggs, oil, pumpkin and sugar in a large bowl.

3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Gradually add this mixture to large bowl and mix until combined.

4. Pour into 15x10x1 inch baking pan (the original recipe says ungreased, but I always find that things stick, even when they say that - so I always spray my dishes with cooking spray)

5. Bake for 20-25 minutes (or until set - it shouldn't "jiggle")

6. Cool completely before frosting.


I actually frosted mine when they were still just a little warm, but my frosting was really soft so it didn't stick too bad.  Plus, I had to taste one {or two} while they were still warm!  They should be stored in the fridge, though, and are actually really good cold, as well!


What is your favorite thing to bake this time of year??


post signature

8 comments:

  1. Mmm pumpkin bars! Those look delish! I love to bake pumpkin cookies with cream cheese and cooking chilis and soups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin everything!!!! Love these! Thanks for sharing and for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness YUM! Those look frkn delicious! I made Halloween brownies and cupcakes last night nothing Pumpkin tasting lol. I am hoping to make mini pumpkin pies... see how THAT should go LOL♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do look delicious, even in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your different edits -- all look so yammy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!!! And yes to the love handles. I think since I already have them I have fair game too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so YUMMY! Thanks for sharing your recipe ~ love pumpkin so I will definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. G'day Stunning photo in black and white, true!
    Wish I could come and try some right now too!
    Cheers! Joanne
    http://www.whatsonthelist.net
    Viewed as part of Cathy's Bloggers Showcase: Thanksgiving (Fall) Recipe RoundUp

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...