Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Blogging with a Purpose: If I Could have One Superpower

Have you ever thought about something, and then quickly realized "I am so glad nobody knows what I'm thinking!"  If I could have one superpower, it would be the ability to read minds.

I can't count the number of times when I have wondered whether what someone was telling me was the truth or that someone seems upset about something, but doesn't want to talk about it.  It would be so much easier to deal with situations.  Another instance when this power would be helpful is when you have babies.  Obviously they cannot directly tell you what they need or what is wrong when they are crying.  How great would it be if you just knew?!  No more trial and error...


This power could have its downfalls, as well, though.  I'm not sure I would always want to know what everybody is thinking.  What if they are thinking mean or hurtful things about you or someone you love?  I think it's better not to know some of those things.

So: if I could have one superpower, it would be to hear other people's thoughts - as long as I could turn this power on and off.



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the post! I think I could live with knowing hurtful things if it meant I knew the truth...
    Have a GREAT day!

    Kristen
    http://kandidkristen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...