Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Guest Post Tuesday: Sunshine in Minnesota

I am so excited to share Sarah's post with you all today.  To be honest, all I think of when I hear "Minnesota" is snow, farms and funny accents.  But Sarah's photos below are BEAUTIFUL!  I may have to add Minnesota to my to-do list!

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Hi everyone! I was so excited when Kaeley asked me to be apart of her Guest Post Tuesday!
My name is Sarah and I blog over at My Small Ray of Sunshine.
I'm off on a family vacation right now, traveling from central Minnesota to the east coast and up to Ontario. I had thought I might show you all photos that I've taken so far on my trip, but then I felt the need to show you all around the lovely little city that I call home.

Welcome, to Duluth, Minnesota.

Lift Bridge Light, Duluth, MN

This is what we call the Lift Bridge. It connects the Canal Park area to the little inlet that has some houses, parks and a small plane airport on the tip. The bridge has been here since the early 1900's and used look very different from what it looks like now. It's one of my favorite land marks in Duluth!

Tall Ships, Duluth, MN 2013

In the summertime there is a festival called Tall Ships that goes on for a long weekend. It brings in huge  numbers of tourists and is so much fun. Old sailing trips travel through the Great Lakes from Chicago to Duluth (and back again) and it's a weekend full of history and food! Tons of fun :)
~
"Light Fractures", Glensheen, Duluth, MN

There's an old estate that sits just down the road from downtown. It used to be the home of the Cogdon family back in the late 1800's- early 1900's and is now a museum owned by the University that I attend. The interior is full of original furniture and decor from the 1908 era and the grounds are beautifully kept up. It's one of my all time favorite places to visit and just walk around. I have an infinite number of picture of this mansion....haha.
~
Chester Creek, Duluth, MN

This is one of the calmest and most beautiful places in all of Duluth, in my opinion anyway. Chester Bowl is a park full of hiking trails right in the middle of the city, and running right through the center of it is Chester Creek. Just like the Glensheen Estate, I have a million photos of this area, and yet I never get tired of visiting it. It brings me peace in a crazy and hectic world. We all need that sometimes.

"Little Fall", Chester Creek, Duluth, MN
~
Rose Garden, Duluth, MN

Not far from the Lift Bridge, which you can kind of see in the picture below, is the Rose Garden. It's a part of the Lake Walk that runs from the Canal area up the shore line for a few miles. It's a beautifully kept garden space full of color and a great place to take photos for weddings or any other kind of shoot! I love photographing flowers, so this is always a place I go a lot in summer. If I could get paid to take photos of flowers, I would so do it!

Duluth, MN
~
And there we have it! I hope you enjoyed seeing this little city through my eyes (and my lens). I would love to hear about your favorite places in your town or city! Let me know in the comments below or head on over to my spot on the net and tell me there!

Thanks again to Kaeley for having me! Have a great Tuesday everyone!

*********************************************************************************************************************************
If you are interested in signing up for a week of Guest Post Tuesday, you can send me an email by clicking the mail icon in the left sidebar.  Or, if you are interested in sponsoring My Mind's Lens, click here to be taken to my sponsor page and ad store.  It only takes a minute to get started!

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Here's a little preview of our weekend trip to Seattle this weekend. There will be more to come later this week, but I wanted to at least get a few out there.




 

Have a great Tuesday!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...