Tuesday, August 20, 2013

When You Think You Have No More to Give, Keep Pushing

To say that I have been struggling with my recent weight loss campaign would be an understatement.  I've been trying to eat better and make it to the gym consistently, but there are just so many yummy foods that I struggle to turn down, and I have mentioned before that sometimes I talk myself out of going to the gym.

Mal Smiles

In the last week or two, I have been better about getting to the gym . . . If I know that I have something going on after work I try to plan ahead and hit the gym before work {which can be a struggle in itself when it comes to getting out of bed early enough to get there in time}.  The new problem is that I get there - fill up my 45 minutes keeping busy - but don't necessarily push myself as hard as I should be.  You can walk all day until the cows come home, and it will help you, but if you don't get your heart rate up, you really won't see any results.

As annoying as it is to wake up and have to literally roll out of bed because you are so sore, I have always been told that if you are sore, it means your muscles were working.  So I always take that to the next step and think "well, if I'm not sore than I must not have been working hard enough."  Lately at the gym, I've been trying to do more high-intensity interval work.  After about 20 minutes of cardio, I will focus on either arms, legs, or abs and do a series of workouts working different muscles in that group without taking too much of a break in between sets.  I try to make sure that I break a sweat every day *even though I feel gross afterwards* and drink a lot of water while exercising. 



This is the class I am going to tonight. A friend and I did it once and I could feel it for days. I'm hoping today will go a little better since I know what to expect.

I'm hoping to break this plateau in my weight loss soon.  It's going to take a little more than just working hard at the gym.  I'm going to have to conquer my weakness for sweets and other keep my portion sizes on track.  Check back on Friday to see how I did this week!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kaeley - You WILL break the plateau! Don't give up and remember if you are putting on muscle weight, that's why you aren't losing 'pounds'. You and your dedication are an inspiration to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just push yourself. Find a friend to do it with you. That always helps with me sometimes. Or just cut back on certain food you eat. That's what I did and I've lost 40 lbs within 2 yrs or so.

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had my first baby a month and a half ago and can't believe the pressure I feel to be fit and thin again.
    Working at it, and am actually 5 lbs away from my old weight...but still so squishy! A new feeling for me, so I too am working on the muscle building. But damn, a baby does a number on those stomach muscles!

    Glad you're so motivated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...