Monday, August 19, 2013

Friends, Beer and Babies

It has been awhile since I have been this exhausted on a Monday.  At least the weekend was worth it.


Friday I spent most of the day helping a friend set up for the surprise baby shower we had planned for one of our co-workers.  It was so much work...and so much fun.  You can see more pictures of that HERE.  There was lots of surprises, presents, food and drinks.  And I didn't get home from Portland until after 2 a.m.


After spending Saturday morning/afternoon doing housework and grocery shopping, we went to our friends' 30th birthday party.  Our friend Nate turned 30 at the end of June and his wife does next week, so they planned a big joint birthday party.  And big is not an exageration.  They invited over 200 people, hired a band, got a keg of beer and roasted a pig. I don't think 200 people actually showed up, but there were A LOT of people.  I'm not sure how much of the keg was left - but the 100 pound pig was all but gone by the end of the night.  Again - we were out until after 2 a.m.

*I don't usually drink that much, and 2 o'clock in the morning is WAY past my bedtime...so two nights in a row was killer - we didn't get out of bed until after 11 a.m. on Sunday*


Sunday afternoon my SIL and I took her little guy and our niece out to the beach to take his 6 month pictures.  So far I have had the privilege of taking pictures the night he was born, and several weeks later.  {I also just realized that I only ever posted a preview of his newborn photos...I am going to have to go back and post them!!}  These ones were fun, though.  He hadn't been to the beach before and we weren't sure what he would think of the sand.  It took a little getting used to but he didn't seem to mind it.


These are just a couple of candids of him playing with Uncle TT when we got back to the house...he's quite the ham!

Finally, last night we went out to some other friends' house to barbeque . . . which meant more food and more beer.  I wasn't kidding when I said the weekend was exhausting!

You know what else this weekend was - motivation to work extra hard at the gym this week.  Oh boy will I need it!!

post signature

3 comments:

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...