Saturday, August 17, 2013

Who's Actually Here on Saturday?

Do you blog on Saturdays?  I haven't in a while . . . it seems there aren't as many readers anyway.  But, for some reason today I decided to.

Last night, I was so excited to have an opportunity to help plan and host a baby shower for a friend from work.  She is the first one in our office to have a baby in a long time, and we had decided to throw her a surprise shower.  I was a little leery, because the last surprise party I planned didn't end up being much of a surprise.  However, she was clearly in shock when she walked in for what she thought was a housewarming party!

Once everyone was there, I apparently forgot about my roll as "photographer".  But, before they all arrived, I did get these photos of all the food and decorations.  Baby showers are a lot of work!!  But so much fun!!




I have been wanting to get one of these drink dispensers for such a long time . . . and I finally had an excuse to get one!










I've been wanting to post pictures of the invitations that I made for weeks, but didn't want to risk ruining the surprise.  So, here they are!!


It's a good thing I wasn't throwing this shower on my own, because it was a lot of work.  It was so worth it, though, to see the shock on our friend's face when she saw what we had in store for her!

In all seriousness, how many people really post on weekends?  I hesitated about sharing this today because I was really excited about everything we had done and hope that people will actually see it.  If you would leave a comment below and let me know what your thoughts on weekend blogging are, I'd appreciate you so much!! 

Have a good one!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. i'm here! it depends on the weekend, but usually i read my blogs in the weekends too :)

    the baby shower looks amazing! so sweet of you to put so much effort into it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the sweets and favors! So cute :)
    And I blog on weekends most weeks, unless I'm working too much and can't schedule a post!
    xx

    mysmallrayofsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't usually blog on the weekends but my schedule has been so off LOL.

    i want to go to this shower it looks like it's going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great job you did on the invitations and all the party details....she must have been thrilled!

    Obviously, I am struggling lately with even getting a post written and I am hit and miss as far as my weekend reading goes, but usually if I don't get to my favorite reads on the weekend, I catch up during the week. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...