Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Photo Journal

I had every intention of sharing something, anything, here yesterday.  But instead, Tristan and I sat on the couch watching Orange is the New Black all night.  If you haven't watched this Netflix original series, do it - but not around the kids.  There are several bigger names in it (including Jason Biggs of the American Pie movies and Laura Prepon who was on That 70s Show) and the plot is constantly evolving and twisting.  The series is a dramatization based on a real life story.

However, I am back to today and going to link up for Friday Photo Journal...I'm not even sure when the last time I joined in on this one was!




Why am I so obsessed with the clouds?  And everything else that is just so ordinary?  Who knows....I guess I'm just weird like that. 

I'm not sure what this strange-looking plant is that grows outside our house, but I don't hate it!



I got "the look" from Tristan when I was taking these close-ups of his car, but I am used to that.  I was trying to capture the reflection of the sky on the hood....but it didn't turn out as clear as I had hoped.

Now...I have a confession to make.  This morning, when I got on the scale for my weekly weigh-in, I got extremely disappointed with myself.  I am back to where I was two weeks ago - to the 1/10th of a pound.  Granted, last week I had only lost just less than 1/2 a pound, the fact that I gained back that 0.4 pounds was really frustrating.  On he bright side, though, {and I love my Weight Watchers scale for this feature} it looks like I may have replaced a little fat with some muscle.  Even though I gained a tiny bit of weight, the percentage of fat to total body weight went down.  If you didn't already know, muscle weighs more than fat.  So that little bit of gain may not necessarily be a bad thing.

It does prompt me to work harder this week.  Now, I thought I had been pretty good about sticking to the rules this last week.  But, now that I think about it - I definitely had too much garlic bread with that spaghetti and when I work out alone, without going with a friend or attending a class, I don't push myself as hard as I probably should.

So - my goals for this week:

1. No more than 2 sodas - all week:  Granted, all I drink is diet soda, which on Weight Watchers is fine - diet soda does not receive a points value.  However, what is still in diet soda?  Sodium.  So I am going to try to cut out that uneccesary added sodium and limit myself to two sodas this week, as opposed to one or two a day.

2. On at least two days, spend an entire hour at the gym.  My morning workouts, while better than nothing, tend to be a little lazy.  So I am going to push myself a little more instead of just stopping when I start to get tired.

3. Track everything that I eat, even if it means depleting all of my weekly points.  I'm really bad about not always including a little piece of chocolate here or an extra piece of bread there.  I also need to keep better track of the actual serving sizes I am consuming, instead of just guessing.

It may seem a little weird to be setting goals for the next week on a Friday, but Friday is my weigh-in day and the day that my Weight Watchers points start over.  So Friday is my Monday when it comes to weight-loss.  

Well, that's my weekly frustration {or one of them at least}.  What is something you have struggled with this week??

Speaking of the gym...my "workout" station on Pandora has been sending me some pretty sweet throwbacks lately, including this gem - Linking up with Whitney for #backthatazzup Friday!
Yeah! (feat. Lil Jon & Ludacris) by Usher on Grooveshark

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Plant looks a lot like a yucca plant. My mom had one it is weird!

    I love soda it's my favorite thing ever. But I'm with you I really need to cut back and quit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to watch that show!! I've heard it's so good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...