Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Guest Post Tuesday - Lizzy's Perspective

I have decided to make this a trend for the month of August, and possibly longer: Guest Post Tuesdays.  Last week was Marianna from Delightfully Dunn.  Today I am introducing Lizzy of Lizzy's Luggage.  Both are wonderful bloggers and I appreciate their time and effort so much!  If you would like to be next, I am looking for people for next month.  I am super excited that I was able to get enough people lined up to fill up the month of August!  If YOU are interested, please send me an email with your name, the url for your blog, and what you would like to write about!  I may extend this into September if I continue to get responses.

Anywho...Lizzy is here to share about finding beauty in everyday life - something I wholeheartedly believe in *which is why I pulled over off the highway to take these couple of photos last week*:


{if you follow me on Facebook, sorry about the repeats!}

*****************************************************************************************************************************

          Hello to all of Kaeley's amazing readers!  My name is Lizzy, and I write for Lizzy's Luggage.  I'm also an up-and-coming vlogger over on YouTube.  A little about me: I'm a 19-going-on-2 year old who dreams of visiting London and making a change during her life!  At my blog you can find various posts about beauty, fashion, life, music, college, and Oreos (obsessed).  My life goal is to inspire and change people, and I hope you'll catch that vibe if you visit me.  I'm also really big into taking life lessons and motivational moments out of everyday normal things!  Example #1: this post.

          Originally, this post was meant to be called, "How an HD Camera Can Make Everything look Glamorous".  However, after taking a bunch of pictures of random objects around my house, I really just lost all motivation behind this post.  If you're here from my blog, or you're a mutual reader, you'll know that I don't force myself to write a post.  If it doesn't flow then it obviously isn't meant to be.  However, sometimes we just have to walk away to make something work.


         I recently went on a nice stroll around my neighborhood with my mom, brother, and dog (Robin).  Just like the dedicated blogger I am, I had my camera with me for the adventure.  Each time I snapped a picture, I'd take the time to look at each unique perspective and see the beauty within it.  I then took the below picture, and realized something that stopped me dead in my tracks.


          Look at the above picture.  It's a simple bench on my town square.  Personally, I find the picture beautiful even though it's quite simple.  This is where I think photography sprouts from: Showing the beauty in things otherwise over-looked.  I'm guessing around 500-1,000 people pass through our town square everyday, and I'm guessing not even a fourth of them take the time to admire the beauty that's blatantly in front of them.  Then they'll see this picture and think, "Wow, that really is beautiful!".  It's almost like I, the photographer, am the reason that bench is now beautiful.  What people need to realize, however, is that the bench held beauty long before I grabbed the snapshot.


          I think that's one of the problems a lot of us have these days: not admiring EVERYTHING'S beauty.    We're so busy with our life and where we're going, that we forget to appreciate the beauty in the normal everyday things that surround us.  It puts a big stress on the saying, "Stop and Smell the Roses".




         So here's my challenge for you: Go about your day with a conscious feeling to LOOK and SEE.  Don't let your day go by without looking around and admiring the beauty that surrounds you.  Whether it be the beauty of your morning drive or just the beauty of surviving another day.  Need something to hold you to it?  Start a journal and document something you find beautiful everyday.  By doing this, you won't only find yourself in a better mood, but you'll also make each day special.  You only get so many days to live, why waste even one?





*****************************************************************************************************************************

Isn't she great?!  I think all of you should head over to Lizzy's Luggage right now and start following her :) 

And here is your laugh for the day...so glad Tristan found this!

 

post signature

8 comments:

  1. She did a great job on being a guest blogger. Kaeley, I have an interest in being a guest blogger, but will be on vacation for your next slot on August 27th. Maybe sometime in the middle of September when I get back if you are interested?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job at guest posting. I love her. Love her blog and all. :D She is awesome.

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm following you now. Would love for you to come check me out and follow me back. hope you have a great Tuesday.

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent post! i am visiting from tuesday muse so it's nice to meet both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent post! i am visiting from tuesday muse so it's nice to meet both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely images from Lizzy! Going visiting her blog... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...