Friday, August 16, 2013

Growth

"When you stop growing, you start dying."
-William S. Burroughs

I don't know about you, but I don't plan on dying anytime soon.  Instead - I plan to grow: smaller, wiser, more outspoken.  I anticipate growing my business and my blog . . . in fact, I just noticed that I have 3 new GFC followers this week and another 2 on Bloglovin'!  You know who else is growing? This little guy!


Johnny was only two weeks old when I took his pictures and he was a perfect angel.  His momma did struggle a bit to get him to close his eyes *he might as well have been asleep - he just laid there with his eyes open* but otherwise we was WONDERFUL!  And he did eventually fall completely asleep...




Doesn't a sleepy baby just make you want to scoop them up and cuddle?  Or maybe I'm just weird...




Although there was some time spent waiting for the little guy to fall asleep, I really enjoyed this session and am grateful to his momma for inviting me into their home for a couple hours and allowing me to share his sweetness with you all.
***************************************************************************
Are you all wondering how I did on my goals that I set for myself last Friday?  Well, here is a little recap:

1.No more than 2 sodas - all week: SUCCESS!  I was a little worried early in the week.  By the end of the day Friday I had already had one, and another before the weekend was over.  But - I held it together and said no to soda the rest of the week :)

2. On at least two days, spend an entire hour at the gym: FAILED . . . in the last week, I only made it to the gym two days to begin with.  However, I worked really hard for the 40 minutes I was there.  I also went on a long walk with Tristan on Sunday and jumped up and down, back and forth trying to keep my camera in front of a nearly one year old.

3. Track everything I eat: SUCCESS!  It was tough, and seeing how many points I depleted (especially over the weekend) was a little bit depressing...but it challenged me to do better later in the week.

For this week, I'm going to attempt my failed challenge once more and add a couple of new ones.

1. On at least two days, spend an entire hour at the gym.  If I could make it to even two classes, this goal will be destroyed!

2. Drink 8 glasses of water, at least 5 days.  I really struggle some days to get enough water on a daily basis, but I feel so much better when I do!

3. Try at least two new things at the gym.  I tend to stick to what I know and have a routine.  It needs to be broken.
Wish me luck!!

I almost forgot!! I am guest posting *yes, again!!* over at Today Was a Fairytale. Miss Kelly is off visiting family so I was more than happy to step in! Make sure you head over there and see how I got about packing for a trip :)

...Let's see how many different topics I can cram into this post...I will wrap it up with my link-up for #backthatazzup Friday with Whitney at I Wore Yoga Pants to Work.  If you haven't met Whitney, you need to.  That girl cracks me up!


What's My Age Again? by blink-182 on Grooveshark
post signature

5 comments:

  1. aw that is such a cute baby <3

    and good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful little baby. Love the photos. Have a great weekend. I haven't worked out in ages and this post made me miss gym ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic pictures. And the lips on that kid...he's adorable!

    Good luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable baby!!!!

    now, let me totally debunk the fitness/gym myth: spending an hour at the gym (or more) isn't really necessary to burn max cals; in fact, you can burn WAY MORE calories if you do interval training for 30-40mins (go hard with very little rest) and have your body continue to burn cals up to 16hs POST EXERCISE. is your mind blown yet? this is because when you do interval training (whether that be lifting or cardio), you are increasing your levels of epoc which basically means that the high intensity activty followed by short rest periods takes your body more time to return to its pre-exercise state which leads to max cals burned to return everything back to normal.

    this is why my workouts were 30-40mins tops but i killed myself during that whole time...these days i'm doing doubles (so 2 workouts back to back) which makes it an hour but when i don't have the time, i only stick to my 40mins HIIT program and crush it.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  5. That baby is gorgeous....and your photos are stunning!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to visit me! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...